Saturday, June 25, 2005

This Message Brought to You by Monarch

Although I enjoyed the commercial for Monarch, (also known as Technology, the Internet and Progressive Politics) it brought up a question for me: What type of arrangement with Monarch does this man have that he feels the need to mention their software by name 12 times in the article?

I thought this deserved a bit of investigation, so I searched for Monarch on Google and the first link I found was through - no kidding - an endorsement by Rep. Jesse Jackson. I looked around a little more and found a very prominent link to Monarch on his website.

Nobody loves their software that much - clearly someone was getting paid.

The article was a great case study on early targeting strategies. Even though targeting has progressed light years since the mid-nineties through predictive models, it is still good to be reminded of the basic strategy involved. I'm sure the author truly wanted to show progressive organizations how they could benefit from this technology.

I'm just saying...someone was getting paid.

1 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good point. I never thought of that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home