Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I'm From Missouri - Show Me

After reading some of Professor Johnson's book, Congress Online, I started wondering about the email responses of my own members of Congress. Since I vehemently disagree with pretty much everything my evil, Republican Senators do and say, I email them often. However, the only thing I usually notice about their response is that it is A) slow and B) serves to confirm what idiots my senators are.

Last night I sent an email to both of my soulless, conservative Senators, Jim Talent and Kit Bond using my Mom's address. (Mom, if you're reading this - let me know if I get a paper response). Just in case they weren't sure, I let them know my thoughts on the next Supreme Court justice and the upcoming battle.

When I submitted my comment to the Kit Bond site I got a page that said "Thank You! The following information has been e-mailed:" and then showed what I had submitted. The Talent website took me to a blank page that stated "Thank you for contacting Jim Talent" with no way of navigating back to his site. Neither was exactly a warm or fuzzy response to my message.

So now I'll wait. I'll keep you informed of how long it takes to receive the words of wisdom my Senators have to give.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home